The ferrite cores produced by our company have many different shapes. These magnetic cores with different shapes have their own characteristics and are suitable for making various magnetic components.
(1) Magnetic ring core. From a magnetic point of view, the magnetic ring may be the best choice, because the magnetic circuit of the magnetic ring is a closed shape, so the performance of the ferrite can be fully utilized. Especially for ferrite materials with high magnetic permeability, even a slight air gap will cause a significant decrease in magnetic permeability. The magnetic ring is mainly used in applications such as pulse transformers, magnetic amplifiers, and interference suppression coils (common mode inductors). The magnetic ring is one of the cheapest magnetic components at a specific power handling capability, but the winding of the magnetic ring is the most difficult.
(2) Can type core. The can core was originally designed for communication filter inductors, which enclose almost all wire packages and bobbins. This structure shields external electromagnetic noise (EMI). The cost of the can core is higher than that of other shapes, and its heat dissipation performance is poor, so there is no product suitable for high power applications.
(3) E-type magnetic core. The E-type magnetic core is cheaper than the can core, easy to wind and easy to install. The skeleton of the E-type magnetic core has two types, vertical and horizontal. The vertical skeleton occupies a small PCB area but a large height, and the horizontal skeleton is just the opposite. Type E becomes the most commonly used core shape. It can be said that the EE core and the EI core have the same shape, the same size, the same skeleton, and only have differences in the leakage magnetic field distribution, and are suitable for making a switching power supply transformer.
(4) EC core. The EC core is between the E-type and the can-type, with a large window area (for the can core) and a duct for heat dissipation. The circumference of the circular center column under the same area is 11% less than that of the square center column, which reduces the copper loss, and the round shape is more convenient than the square shape when wound.
(5) PQ core. PQ cores are primarily designed for switching power supplies and offer maximum inductance and wire package area at the smallest core size, so this core delivers maximum power at minimum height and volume. The ferrite cores produced by our company have many different shapes. These magnetic cores with different shapes have their own characteristics and are suitable for making various magnetic components.